The lockdown has been extended in the Netherlands and it looks as though it will still be a while before any measures are cautiously eased. The ban on EU travel to the Netherlands was amended on 23 January. This means even fewer people can travel to the Netherlands unless they were granted proof of permission before 23 January.
The European travel ban and traveling to the Netherlands
Due to amendments to the EU travel ban, the travelers below may no longer travel to the Netherlands.
- Business travelers;
- Students who wish to come to the Netherlands to study for a period of less than three months;
- Highly skilled migrants who wish to come to the Netherlands to work for a period of less than three months;
- Professionals in the cultural and creative sectors;
- Overseas partners who fall under the arrangement for partners in a long-distance relationship
Monitor the current travel advice on the Government.nl website.
BB&L remains open for car rental
Have you been granted proof of permission, or are you exempt from the travel ban and would you like to travel to the Netherlands? BB&L Autoverhuur is at your service to provide you with safe transport throughout the Netherlands. Of course, we do strictly adhere to the RIVM guidelines. Your safety and that of our employees is our key priority. That is why we have taken additional measures with regard to cleaning our rental cars:
- Your rental car is initially immediately cleaned and ventilated in accordance with our standard procedure.
- When cleaning your rental car, we disinfect all contact surfaces, such as the seatbelt, door handles, gearshift, hand brake, dashboard etc. with a disinfectant. Any additional items, such as child seats, trolley etc. are thoroughly cleaned using a disinfectant spray.
- Your rental car is then parked for you and cleaned with a disinfectant. After this, we no longer touch your rental car.
- Our employees wear disposable gloves during the cleaning process and when driving your rental car.
- The car key is cleaned using a disinfectant and handed to you in a closed envelope, unless you are the driver of this car.
Renting a car: Rule changes during corona
Are you not traveling alone, but with other people that are not part of the same household? You can share the car with a maximum of two people from a different household. In this situation, you are required to wear a facemask when inside the car (this does not apply to children under 12 years of age). Try to avoid rush hour when possible.
Our customer service is ready to help you.
Do you have any questions with regard to renting a car? Our Call Center employees are happy to help you. This department can be reached via + 31-20-6557900 from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 18:00 and on Saturday and Sunday between 08:00 and 15:00. You can also email us via email@example.com.