Air traffic has been down again for several months because of the coronavirus. As a car rental company at Schiphol, we are delighted that the EU entry ban for the Netherlands has been modified, and that we can once again receive more travelers in order to provide them with a suitable rental car. Are you planning to travel to the Netherlands soon? We will be happy to inform you about the current regulations.
Travelers from safe countries are welcome
The EU travel ban to the Netherlands no longer applies to countries where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low. This is what we call a safe country. If you live in a safe country, you may travel to the Netherlands. It does not matter what the purpose of your trip is, and you do not have to show a negative test result when you travel to the Netherlands. The status of the list of safe countries is subject to change. Keep a close eye on this page for the latest information.
European entry ban
A number of countries are still subject to a European entry ban to the Netherlands and a ban on passenger flights from India, South Africa and countries in Central and South America. You may only travel to the Netherlands if the purpose of your trip falls under one of these exemption categories. Is this the case? Then you need to bring documentation (as well as a negative test result) proving the purpose of your trip so that you can show this upon arrival at the airport. Keep an eye on the current travel advice on the Dutch government’s website.
Safely on the road with BB&L Car Rental
BB&L Car Rental is ready to provide you with safe transportation throughout the Netherlands. Of course, we strictly follow the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and Environment (RIVM). Your safety and that of our employees is our top priority. That is why we have taken additional measures concerning the cleaning of our rental cars:
- From the start, your rental car is immediately cleaned and ventilated according to our standard procedure.
- During the cleaning of your rental car, we disinfect all touch surfaces such as the seat belt, door handles, steering wheel, gearshift, hand brake, dashboard, etc. with a disinfectant. Any additional items such as child seats, trolleys, etc. will also be thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant spray.
- Your rental car is then parked for you and cleaned with a disinfectant. Once this is done, we won’t touch your rental car any more.
- Our employee(s) will wear disposable gloves during the cleaning process and when driving your rental car.
- The car key will be cleaned with disinfectant and handed over to you in a sealed envelope provided you are the driver of this rental car.
Our customer service is ready to assist you
Do you have questions about renting a car? Our Call Center staff will be happy to assist you. The department can be reached at + 31-20-6557900 from Monday to Friday between 08.00 and 18.00, Saturday and Sunday from 08.00 until 15.00. Or email us at email@example.com.